Darkness

Darkness surrounds me,
in fact, it's my name.
I am a plague that just won't go away.
I tear down families.
I ruin lives,
I am an evil.
In most, I reside.
People take potions to get me away.
Those never work,
do they?
I'm not a sickness of flesh and skin,
I am formed deeply within.
There is only one thing
that I do fear.
The spotless lamb can make me clear.
He forces me out
into the light
making me weak
beneath His might.
He takes me away a
and you are free
from the oppression that Sin brought thee.

cristelsnowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 12:32 pm:
it sounds really good!

ISeeTheStarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 28 at 12:50 pm:
This was great! It's the best poem I've read in a long time! ^-^

HarriThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 28 at 12:52 pm :
AW! Thank you, Stars!

Janelle7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 27 at 9:01 pm:
Wow! Very amazing! It flows well and I love the symbolism!

Feb. 27 at 9:07 pm :
Thank you, Janelle!

OpticalillusionThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 27 at 4:40 pm:
I like your ballads, the ones i've read from you so far are for the most part quite good, not to mention relatiable. In the fact of reltgion at least, and even with a darker message about sin and twas not, you still managed to make the ending nice. It is hard somtimes for writers to had twists like that to their art, it requires a ceritan...eloquence. Again with a few gramatical mistakes, some places you should have placed a cama instead of a period but overall another great piece. 

Feb. 27 at 4:42 pm :
Thank you so much for the comment! I know, I am kicking myself for the grammer errors!

simply_beautifulThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 25 at 1:16 am:
This is absolutely amazing!!!! I could imagine what you were describing, and the rhyme schemes were flawless! I didn't read your comment untill the end, but when I saw spotless lamb I knew it was God helping us through the darkness. Keep this up my friend! 

Feb. 25 at 9:45 pm :
Thank you so much! 

Dr.SunbalSunnyGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 24 at 5:11 pm:
I really like this one.. :3

Feb. 24 at 5:21 pm :
Thanks Sunny!