Which Will Claim Me?

Pools of moonlight dance on my skin,
Shimmering waves of white.
Silver reflections break through the trees,
Dappled, a wonderful sight.
But the light comes haunted with shadows,
(A veil that is covering me).
I'm peering through holes in the net,
But still I struggle to see.
My arms are alive with movement--
A battle plays over my skin.
Though I've embraced the darkness within me,
I'm hoping the light will win.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 2:07 pm:
I can relate to this easily. There's an internal battle everyday to do good, but also do to bad. And as pleasurable it is to do bad, I know we're always hoping to do good, even if it's not the coolest thing to do. 

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 8 at 2:33 pm:
why do i feel i say the same thing about each one of your poems? honestly, you outdo yourself each time. i really like this one. great job, keep it up!

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 7 at 4:36 pm:
i love the struggle in the last few lines and the description is fantastic!!! 5 stars!!!!!

MadelineSwift said...
Jul. 7 at 1:45 am:
This is great! If you have not read the Beautiful Creatures series, I reccomend that you do. If matches this poem perfectly!