The Painting

It’s a long time coming when it passes by,
And always makes me smile.
These colors talk, and a story unfolds,
And is told after a while.

Some say it doesn’t mean much, but to me
It’s speaks beyond its canvas.
I like the way it’s mysterious and flawed,
So undeniably careless.

It doesn’t take much to build a whole world
Out of these two hands.
And no, it doesn’t take very long for me
To get lost in strange lands.

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 30 at 5:26 pm:
Very good, very good..... ya know, im fond of your works, your pretty good. I actually subscribe to your work because I like to check it out now and again..... did you know that, in addition to when a post goes up on TI, it ALSO lets me know when you cnange your name or profile....? Every. Single. Time. Please stop giving yourself weird names.... or at least not six or seven in one day....

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 30 at 5:59 pm :
OMG that's hilarious. and .........wow, i'm sorry ^-^ i guess i'll stop, lol. Thanks for letting me know. That must get annoying...................*ashamed*

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 30 at 6:36 pm :
Well.... for like the first seven or eight mornings it gave me a chance to laugh my butt off. You ARE pretty funny! But yes, deeply annoying, now. And disturbing, as you began to run out of wholesome names. But dont you worry, i am a hunoroous person, I had a phase where I kept randomly changing my name when I had no one to talk to. I hope no one had subscribed to my posts back then! I dont want them to see the weird things I typed!

Apr. 30 at 6:52 pm :
i typed a reply but it had the word as.shole in it and didn't send :P. Anywho, a lot of them were in response to some random *as.shole* named Hitler (for example, A.Jew, just to pi.ss him off) but then yeah, the rest were a result of boredom and unwholesome thoughts.......i am sorry to have caused you annoyance, I DIDN'T KONW :(

Apr. 30 at 6:59 pm :
wait........ohmygosh, does it email you whenever i reply to a post? cuz i post a LOT........please tell me you don't get thousands of emails a day saying i replied to some random person........PLEASE

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 1 at 5:11 am :
Hahhaa same here jade....Though I managed to keep quiet about it... I figured it was a result of boredom so I didn't say anything....It's not THAT annoying though ..... But funny everytime. :P

May 1 at 1:05 pm :
LOL, NO! My dear, nothing so horrible as that! There are differnt email settings, i dont know about the other ones, but I get emails from TI at 9 in the morning and 6 in the evening, with info on the status of my stuff, the new articles of the people I susbscribe to, as well as TWO OR THREE of the things the post fourm-wise, not ALL, that would be overwhelming indeed. I would pity whoever subscribed to me. But it was overwhelming having every morning and nightly TI email chock full of random nam... (more »)

May 1 at 4:48 pm :
Yepp ^-^ good guess....XD

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 26 at 5:44 pm:
Jade, you just left me breathless with one. Paintings can have that effect on anyone. This poem just gives me peace and happiness too. Love it!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 22 at 2:51 pm:
wowie! Breath-taking last two lines...And I see the artist is shining through here....I feel the same way about art...Good one Jade!

Gwen_ElizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 21 at 10:09 pm:
love it! also really digging  the rhyme scheme! good work! :)

TevyRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 21 at 3:48 pm:
i love this!! sometimes, when looking at a painting, i honestly feel almost exactly the way you described in this poem. awesome job. 5STARS!