Stay In School | Teen Ink

Stay In School

April 6, 2013
By UndefinedBeauty GOLD, Boston, Massachusetts
UndefinedBeauty GOLD, Boston, Massachusetts
19 articles 4 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
“The realities of the world affected me as visions, and as visions only, while the wild ideas of the land of dreams became, in turn,—not the material of my everyday existence—but in very deed that existence utterly and solely in itself.” -Edgar A. Poe


The teenagers I grew up with are getting high,

Teenagers are getting shot, their mother's break down and cry.

I'm studying hard, keeping myself in check; avoiding every drug.

Dropping out is a mistake made by every neighborhood thug.

I work hard, think right, continue to stay in school. I free myself of doubt.

Doing drugs, Another mother looses her child, it's sad. This is not what life is about.

Watching as kids younger than me with such potential that is shoved deep inside.

My oldest childhood friend is getting fried. I attempted to rid him of his demons, I really tried...But I failed, all I wanted was too see him arise with a bit of help from a guide by his bad side.

My mother and father dropped out, drugs took over their world.

Drugs left their minds tangled and swirled.

They lost more than they thought they would.

Bad decisions, but I know it's not from living in the hood.

The latest styles, hundred dollar sneakers, and polo are not what make you cool.

What makes you cool is making it out a success, and to accomplish your dreams you have got to be ambitious.

Use your head, drugs and alcohol are malicious.

Keep your guard up, don't be a fool.

Stay in School, An education is what really makes you cool.


The author's comments:
Too many kids are dropping out and joining gangs. Here is the effect drugs have on people, and my first hand experience with people who use drugs.