The Sound of No Sound

It feels like dark nights and street lights
And the sound of no sound
It feels like shining days turning into haze
As the rain comes falling down
It smells like rains in the summer
And heat steaming off the ground
It sounds like echoed laughter
And the sound of no sound
The lights keep on shining
And the poet keeps on rhyming
And the sun is slowly dying
As the tide comes rushing in
And as you sit among the shore
And wish it to be forever more
The light is slowly fading
As the little kids go wading
In the ocean that reminds you of sweet days
And salty nights
And the sound of no sound

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:43 pm:
Hi! I like this a lot, the repetition was good, most people over-do it but you used it very well. I got nostalgia, I always think of stuff and always wanna go back to that thought or time. I really love the first, second, and third lines, great!

Hope.BThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 18 at 10:35 pm:
I love this poem and I can completely relate to when someone important has left your life and everything else in your life feels depressing. This poem describes all of these feelings in beautiful metaphors, they painted such a clear picture in my mind that I could make a connection to. I love poems like these that make me think!

JH2974-A said...
Mar. 18 at 1:58 pm:
Love your sense of repition and imagery.  Plus in general it was a good concept :)