Bed of Thorns

Warmth bounds me to the blankets
Comport grips me to the sheets
The pillow imprisons my screaming head
As my eyelids collapse
I am at mercy to my bed

Mind foggy as a crystal ball
Demons and devils sense to know all
My skull cracking from pressure and blaze
To give up means to death I fall

My eyes awake
Tears poisoned but alive
Demons laugh echo from every wall
Cant do any damage unless inside
Next time they whisper bloody murder in my ear
I’ll be sound asleep welcoming them to my fears

NG123 said...
I like how in the first verse you combine good things like "comfort" and "warmth" with harsher imagery.

annie.jones02 said...
Im not writing this comment because u wrote a comment on mine but I LOVE THIS. This is what I personally like to write about and and AND this is amazing. U should be so proud

annie.jones02 said...

LoveAndHateMakeLife said...
Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:02 am
Wow. Happy I looked into you, quite impressive. 0_o Mental image is AMAZING, word choice and flow is flawless... Amazing

Ashleyy1213 said...
nicee. its really good.

nakubara This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Awesome,evil,really good job. I love your poems.

DanielM said...
Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:48 am
I really like this poem. Especially the line....the pillow imprisons me with my screaming head. Awesome imagery and line. Suggestion: why did you.write poem about a nightmare?

albinotiger replied...
Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:52 am
i wrote about a nightmare because it scared the crap out of me and with those feeling i created a poem! THANKS so much 4 the comments everyone!! :)

Silver2black said...
Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:46 am
"Demons laugh echo from every wall" Very Evil XDDD, Yes I believe, Demons bring you the nightmare.

damsel said...
Jul. 22, 2012 at 5:51 am
man...i can never write like you...ur poems rock~!!!! perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

kindlegirl said...

Great idea, esspecially when we all have nightmare's we fear. Thank's for that thought and keep writing

iCheeto This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is great.  It really captured the fear and pain of a bad dream, and it's eery enough to make the dream seem real.  It makes teh reader feel afraid, nice job :)

spudbud This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
 Yeah I agree. Excellent word choice! It's not too long, or too short. You've captured a nightmare quite well. 5/5