this river

I walk along this river.
It is a lonely place.
When I look to see my reflection,
I see a sad face.

I sit beside this river.
I am throwing rocks inside.
Every time I watch a rock sink without trying to float.
I think of how I never tried.

I sleep next to this river.
I wake up to see it still flowing,
Every new day I expect something less.
It shows my life and the never knowing.

One day I realized.
When I sat by the river and cried.
My tears make this river deeper.
This is a river that flows from my eyes

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:34 am
AWESOME! keep writing bro :)

AllysonMarie said...
I really like this poem.! personally, my favorite part was how some of the lines rhym but not all. That way is gives it more of a profesional structure rather then it sounding like a class project. Awesome job!

Josika.Nav said...
Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:47 am

hey!

this is my favourite poem! i love the intended meaning. it also flows very well , like a river (pls excuse the bad pun =P). very very beautiful . great work and keep writing XD

Taconut7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

This is pretty good and I liked it. You could add a little more to this and make it a miny story if you wanted to. Like express a message, but nonetheless this is very good!

I was also hoping you could read two of my poems: "Imagination" and "The Story of a Holocaust Survivor" when you get the change.