The Girl Love Forgot | Teen Ink

The Girl Love Forgot

January 6, 2012
By williamsannette096 SILVER, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
williamsannette096 SILVER, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Mistakes are a factor of life. It is the response to the error that counts." Nikki Giovanni
"There is not greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you." Maya Angelou


Why is it so hard to find someone to make me smile at all of the right times? It’s so hard to have someone knowing I’m theirs and they’re mine. Life gets hard and there are bad times. But is there someone for me who will stick around even when it’s not a good time? Someone who will make me laugh and someone who will understand? Someone who will always put in effort and try as hard as they can? Where is that someone? Or is there someone? Is there someone will be there in the thick and thin, through the good and the bad? Someone in this world who won’t put me last because they have this and that? Is there someone who to cherish me, my laugh, my eyes? Someone who’s shoulder I can always lean on, to pour out my heart and share my cries. If others can have someone then why can’t I? Why can’t I have a lasting relationship? I’m not the perfect girl and I’m not asking for the perfect guy. I ask for someone who will love me, hold me, treat me right and won’t tell me lies. Can I have a guy who will spend time with me all day and on the phone all night? A guy who has potential to do something with his life? Someone who can come over to meet my family, and plans to be with only me forever and have me as their wife? Puppy love is cute but only lasts for a while. I want something that’s for a lifetime have everyone saying,“Wow.” That’s love. Someone who will care for me even through pain and arguing still no other girl will come above. I want someone I can show off and walk down the street holding hands. Some may say that’s being soft but it’s just the real love coming from a real man. Can I have someone respectful, someone who will admire me? Someone who loves me so much they dream to fulfill every desire in me. When this day finally comes I will happy and with shock. But until then I remain, the girl love forgot.

The author's comments:
Inspired By: Everday Life