Colors | Teen Ink

Colors

Red.
I turned a deep shade of red as you sent me the anonymous candy-gram our first Valentines Day. 

Orange. 
Orange was the color of bill on our first date. I offered to pay, but you said no and then continued to call me your soul mate.

Yellow. 
Yellow was the color of my dress, when you came to meet my dad. He and I both agreed you were the best boyfriend I ever had. Gladly we agreed that I would keep you around. 

Green. 
Green was the color your face turned as we walked off the ride. I patted your back as you leaned over the garbage with no where to hide. Although you threw up to the point of loosing weight, I still would say the date was great. 

Blue. 
Blue was the color we painted our babies room. We were indecisive on names, but we both agreed the color brought room for bloom for whatever child we would have. We thought Lily, we thought Rose, we even thought Milly. No names were right. We sat there and just thought all night.

Violet.
Violet was the name of our first born girl. Her hair is thick with long brown curls. She looks like you and has your smile, even has the blue eyes that have the depth of a mile. She laughs and giggles, but like you she's hesitant of speech. I'm just happy about how far our relationship did reach. 

Rain. SILVER said...
Rain. SILVER, Beechhurst, New York

No matter how high you are, you always have to come back down.

I'd love to check your work! thanks so much!

FULLSTOP GOLD said...
on Nov. 22 2011 at 10:07 am
FULLSTOP GOLD, Skipton, North Yorkshire, Other

forever and ever and ever and ever will never be enough

this is a really great poem and captures the story of the relationship really well and is still able to rhyme and not sound stupid. 4 out of 5! please can you check out some of my work? thanks!