Spill Your Blood With Mine, Dearest | Teen Ink

Spill Your Blood With Mine, Dearest

By Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri
Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri

"'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11. Thank you Lord, for this future you've given me.

My hands are shaking,

My heart is breaking,

You're taking the best of me.

My lips quiver,

My body shivers,

Come on and take the lead.

I want this here,

I want it now,

So tell me what to do.

I'll be the girl,

To rock your world,

If you say you're in, too.

I've never been

The one to win,

So come on, let's break that stride.

I love you, dear,

So please come near,

We'll run away and hide.

Words that flood

The tip of my tongue,

Words so pure and sweet.

I promise you with my heart,

I'll never want to part,

From the moment that we meet.

I don't really know what to say.. I feel like I can't take credit for my own work, because I have no idea where those words come from. Somehow, they just spill from my fingertips, onto these computer keys, building words that make sentencese. I'm very blessed to have the talent that I'm told I have. And I hope with all my heart you will enjoy my work, and maybe find your own hope inside of it. I love you.

Babylufin GOLD said...
on Feb. 20 2011 at 8:05 pm
Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri

Why, thank you!! I just started writing poetry...and, frankly, I love it. It's raw...passionate. Tells a story with depth. Thank you so much for the comment/compliment! I don't think I could ever stop writing, even if I wanted to! I'm so glad you liked it!

on Feb. 20 2011 at 7:53 pm
MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy SILVER, Chardon, Ohio

"One heartbeat."

"Our scars remind us of where we've been; they don't dictate where we're going."
-SSA David Rossi, Criminal Minds

I just can't get over the simplicity of the style that you use in your poems. It's beautiful, yet original in its own way, and I know it would never work for me. I just can't do it. I hope you continue to write. :)