The War at Home This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

With the rotting stench
And the corpses he’s seeing,
How could anyone be asked
To kill another human being?

Constant regret
For what he’s done,
The war for him is over
But he still hasn’t won.

Haunting questions
Come from the dead.
The universe is exploding and imploding
All in his head.

Returning to his homeland
With emotional distress,
He’s met with indifference and anger.
He only did his best.

With not so much
As a “job well done,”
Or even a “thank you,”
Or “I’m proud of you, son.”

Kat_PoetryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 8:42 pm:
I think that you are a really good writer and the idea of this peice is very good. If i could give a word of advice, I would say that the overall poem would flow better if all the lines were all a similar length. The first two sanzas were fenominal, but then the last three didnt have the same flow. Once again, I loved this peice, just a few technical things! (;

DarkOne411 said...
Hey man. that was awesome, me and u got alot in common.

eliana924 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
What a chilling last line! Great job :)

emmatheballerina said...
Oct. 2, 2011 at 4:53 am:
That was fabulous! keep it up!

iluvrockandroll2This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow. dude, keep writing and dont stop.

StrangeJadeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 27, 2011 at 7:53 pm:

Wow. That was really good! It kind of reminds me of the book I'm writing.

"The war for him is over but he still hasn't won..." That was the best line. Keep writing!!

FallenAngel1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 5:23 pm:
Please do not stop writing.

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:28 pm:
Beautiful I really liked it to bad it's true.:'(  never stop writing!!!!!:)

WaterGirl23 said...
beautifully written! i love it! keep on writing :)

Leonor.Emmalyn said...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 12:29 pm:
This is really great. Keep it up!

mandaloreP said...
Feb. 14, 2011 at 8:32 pm:
just absoulutly amazing, great job with eveerything.

CuteAsIce said...
I love this.

lion2 replied...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:19 pm :

me toooooo

Kate G. said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 5:48 pm:
Im a cadet as of now, in Air Force JROTC, I'm going to either the army or airforce and considering the marines. prolly airforce. anyways I want to kill someone. anyone who does over there should have absolutley no regrets.even tho they are doing their jobs as soldiers in other countries, it doesnt matter, because the US does get in ppls business like other countries and stuff but are always there to help, not to start wars! why should we have peace when they just killed thousands of ppl for NO R... (more »)

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:34 pm :
Okaaay yes it was a very bad thing and the person who cause that needed to die.... but chill out the person who wrote this wasn't saying we should stop defending ourselves I don't think.  No offense.  :l

leaf44This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 5, 2011 at 4:24 pm :
I agree with JoPepper, i don't think the authors saying we should stop defending ourselves, i think its more about the bad things (for lack of better word) that come with war- mainly death and suffering and how it can effect the soldiers afterwards when they come home

Jun. 6, 2011 at 10:07 am :
Yes that is exactly what I got from it. 

Jun. 6, 2011 at 10:12 am :
That is exactly what I got from it!!!!! Thank you leaf44!!!! :)

alice said...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 12:10 pm:
i luv tht poem!!!!!!!!!! reply if you agree!!!!!!!!!!!!! plz!!!!!!!!!

Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:36 pm :
I love the poem too!!!! :D