Tribute to a Friend | Teen Ink

Tribute to a Friend MAG

With your eyes at the sidewalk,
You can’t focus on the good.
You don’t notice all your traits,
When I know you really should.

You think life is just a waste.
A disappointment ’til the end,
When I’m here to clarify the plus,
With these lyrics that I send.

A beautiful mind is what you have,
A kind soul you’ve been granted.
You’ve looked past the evil downfall,
With the many you’ve been handed.

You overcame the high fences
That grew on these roads.
You’ve struggled to smile
Through all those lies you’ve been told.

Well, here comes the truth,
That all things bad will soon end.
Because you’ve inspired this song,
the day you became my friend.

chickadee23 SILVER, Boise, Idaho

Who is wise? He that learns from everyone. Who is powerful? He that governs his passions. Who is rich? He that is content. Who is that? Nobody.
-Benjamin Franklin

I love this poem because I have a friend EXACTLY  like this and it makes me feel sad for her. She always says she isn't good at anything, and her dad left. Anyways, great poem!

carlytracz PLATINUM, Manhattan, Kansas

"We allow ourselves to dream without fear of how impossible it may seem." -Z.H.
"Anything other than yes is no. Anything other than stay is go. Anything less than 'I love you.' is lying." -John Mayer.

I love this. It's so easy to relate to. I think everyone has that friend that just doesn't see their potential. And that friend always needs someone to tell them that. You must be an amazing friend. Keep it up! :)

hannahbee7 DIAMOND, Boca Raton, Florida

"You know you’re a writer if your friend tells you a heartbreaking story and your first reaction is – wow, that would make an incredible plot for a novel. You know you’re a smart writer if you manage to keep that reaction to yourself."

Wow.. this is really easy for me to relate to

on Jun. 27 2009 at 6:09 am
cheyenneduhon PLATINUM, Lumberton, Texas
Who could hate a poem written for a friend?

i sure cant! it was beautiful

{Carpe Diem}

on Nov. 18 2008 at 12:57 am
I really love the way you wrote this poem and the over all product. It flows really smoothly and i can tell it was really written from the heart. It seems to come from one of those rare moments where everthing is so clearly in perspective. Can't wait to read more work.

Ama B. said...
on Nov. 16 2008 at 2:41 am
This was a beautifull peice. As i read it i felt as if you where trully thinking of a friend. A freind who struggels and dosent understand how wonderfull they are, but you where able to show them the bueaty that they held. Kudoas for that. 8 out of 10!!! You are one of those people who should keep writing about hope, friendship, truth,kindness,love, all those good things in life that people allways overlook. Try Poetry.com, if you sent in something like this people from all over would be begging for your work for their magazines and books, thasts what i did and within the next year letters cam pouring in, asking me to write for their magz, you should do the same, your a talented person, good job keep it up.

poetrylife said...
on Nov. 16 2008 at 1:53 am
i really love this poem.you should keep on writing poems

tweedle dee said...
i love the meaning and feeling. the rythm was a little off in places, but everything else was amazing!

Cherry56 said...
on Nov. 15 2008 at 7:14 am
I love this poem. It truly captivates the reader and it captures the emotions of love and friendship perfectly. You should continue writing poetry.

kutsey22 said...
on Oct. 25 2008 at 12:26 am
i love this poem n i dedicate this to my best friend Ne-Ne

this was a really nice poem... it speaks to alot of people with close friends... good work!

I really enjoyed this, it had great meaning.

This poem is not only written from the heart; it contains love in every stanza. You can feel the emotion from the author's point of view. This poet is truly captivating. I love it.

Jazzie13 said...
i luv dis poem it reminds me of my close friends. keep on writin

Jessica said...
OMG! I love this poem! It reminds me of what my friend did for me.

Lettygirl said...
WOW! Wonderful poem!

This is such a beautiful poem. You embody the concept of your friend so well, and I'm sure it was/is a grand encouragement to him/her. Keep writing! :-)

Your poem was a fantastic piece of writing. you should continue with this particular endeviour. ,,, <*^*> ,,,

kceruti3 said...
i love this poem!!

:]