#21 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Days have their Sleepy Tendencies
With Beetles on their Shores –
Their Hearts will glow – their cities burn –
With oceans on their Moors

I have drowned in Strawberry Jam
With Tulips in the snow
The Beetles’ hearts will Sweetly glow –
Toward paradise they yearn.

When Waxy Hope drips in lines –
The Sun cannot surmise.
It’s infamy – it has to be –
The Beetles’ stolen Prize.

Even the Sun’s most flickered Wait
Descends more than Fire –
It’s made of mountainous Candlelight –
it claims his Desire.

The Ruby Boss cannot Behold –
The Tarnished Copper’s flight.
It rains Soft – rules Alone –
The Tulips burned in Spite –

Call_Me_AriaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:54 am
I'm not sure I could understand it all, but reading it out loud, it sounded good, and really rolls of the tongue and in my opinion, that's all that matters. colorful imagery too, that matters, and you got it :)

Gingersnap777 said...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 10:29 am
It's ambiguous and hard to understand...but a lot of art is that way, and your words and phrases are definitely artistic.

soaringbug This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
woah. i don't think i get it, but it's so cool!! i guess i just picture .... sun.... on a flowery, lakey, tree-y sort of gentle landscape.... color.... <3 good job. you deserve to be published. xD

ars306 said...
Dec. 6, 2010 at 11:13 am
This poem is full of imagery. I like when you say, "I have drowned in Strawberry Jam." I love strawberry jam, and it makes me think of toast! To make your poem better, you could add similes because you have quite a bit of imagery but not as many comparisons this poem is capable of.

sabina22 said...
This paints such a beautiful picture in the mind of the reader; I very much enjoyed reading it, thank you for posting it! The capitalization of critical words throughout the piece really enhanced its creative quality. Remarkable!

Grania This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is great. I had trouble understanding it, but the images were so poignant that it didn't matter.

Kyrene1079 said...
I like it, but it confuzes me. I'd love to know the meaning behind those beatiful words.

ana said...
Lovely. I liked the capatlized words that kind of played throughout.