A love sick poem | Teen Ink

A love sick poem

By Bspoons2 SILVER, Wyoming, Michigan
Bspoons2 SILVER, Wyoming, Michigan

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. ~ Moulin Rouge

When I'm with you

my heart beats quickly

I probably turn red

But I know I'm not dead

Because you make me feel so alive.

and when I'm not with you

I think about you and the coulda, shoulda, and woulda

knowing now there will never a be a you and me.

like a star turned to dust

it still shines brighter than us

still clinging to suns ray

I just wanna say

if love radiated and shined you would be the sun

and I would be the moon

because I'm nothing without you

as the moon is nothing without the sun.

This poem is about my first real crush in high school. I finally got her to come over and watch a movie with me and some friends when all of a sudden my older brother comes home and sits down with us. She starts flirting with him and I had my first real heartbreak. They ended up sitting together and talking throughout the movie. I decided that the best option for me was to get drunk and so I poured a lot of alcohol into a coca cola can and got drunk. That night after everyone left I was still wallowing in sadness and for the first time turned to writing and this is what I came up with. I ended up giving her the poem hoping she realized what she did but to no avail. all in all I still love the poem and that's why I'm making it my first submitted piece to TeenInk

on Aug. 26 2010 at 3:42 am
Bspoons2 SILVER, Wyoming, Michigan

Tell me what you think please I would really like feedback or pointers to make my writing improve.