Invisible

I crawl into the shadows,
And slip between the cracks.
Unseen by the average person,
I am invisible and don’t leave tracks.

No sign that I was there,
No sign I will return.
No sign that I am here,
No sign that I was heard.

Not bothering to realize,
Or even try to dare.
Not bothering to look in my eyes,
Or even slightly care.

Though I’m hidden in the darkness,
And my life may sound horrible.
Most find my presence worthless,
But I’m glad to be invisible.

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 10, 2011 at 11:44 am
haha! I was beginning to think this was like every other poem about being a wallflower, than BANG! That last stanza hit! Great job! Five stars!

SwallowedByInsanity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thank you! and yes, I try not to conform to the usual too much, so I'm happy you felt the last stanza really hit it (:

ilovewriting95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 13, 2011 at 11:54 am
I can't say that I can relate to this but I can say that this is absolutely amazing. Great job! I love the rythym and use of words in this poem. Please write more poems like this. :)

-DreamForever- said...
You describe my life perfectly. Keep writing!!

thepreechyteenager said...
Sept. 10, 2010 at 6:11 am
Aren't we all? lol.  Loved how you ended this by showing the character's feelings about always going unnoticed- it's a stong way to end a poem!

stickslikevelcro replied...

yeah, i instantly loved it!

also, pls comment on some of my work, thx

booboo360 said...
very guud =) i lurv it such a powerful meaning ! it explains a million things all at once wether it is at school at home or just in a sea of ppl . or ur just lost. i overthink things alot but onl cause they r worth my time

elfiewrites said...
I like legit am in love with this poem. <3333