Wishing you were here again

Wishing you were here again,
So I could see your smile.
Wishing you were here again,
So we might walk another mile.

Sometimes I dream, of us together,
Running down the street.
A screaming and a laughing,
I see you chasing after me.

Wishing you were here again,
So I could see your smile
Wishing you were here again,
So we might walk another mile.

Often times I think of you,
During my sleepless nights.
Tossing and a turning,
Rekindling forgotten frights.

Wishing you were here again,
So I could see your smile.
Wishing you were here again,
So we might walk another mile.

But now that you have left us,
Going to another place.
Leaving all your love behind,
With us, you leave your grace.

Wishing you were here again,
So I could see your smile.
Wishing you were here again,
So we might walk another mile.

falling-rain said...
Feb. 23, 2012 at 9:44 am:
i lost what a friend that was like a sister... this poem really gets to me. its  really good and when you can bring tears to a readers eyes, you know you've done  a great job:) keep writing :) check out Dear Vanessa by me... it tells a story..:) great job!:)

BrittneyLynn said...

I lost a friend to a drug overdose in 2009 and this poem makes me think of his sister who is my best friend.

She misses him every single day

Great job, wonderful poem

Roisin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 2:35 pm:
This gave me the cills. Really good job(:

Roisin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 2:36 pm :
chills* , my bad.

Love_Kills_the_Blind said...
Feb. 17, 2011 at 11:42 am:
This was an amazing peice of writing. And the background you provided for it only made the poem stronger. I'm sure you're tiered of hearing this but I'm so sorry for your loss. But through death, I think we really discover who we are and grow as people. Some people dont know how to deal with the overwhelming stress of loosing someone close...but this poem shows that you are wise enough and strong enough to honor Ian's memory and push forward. Ink is forever and this poem, as well as his memory, ... (more »)

RinnyG. replied...
Feb. 17, 2011 at 11:19 pm :

Thank you so much.  It has been a while since I lost him, but it still hurts sometimes.  I totally agree with you about learning how to deal with loosing the people who are close to you.  Again, thank you.  

Rinny

his_silly_girl said...
this is really good work for anyone who can read between the lines it has alot of strong emotion. keep on writing you have a great talent and could go somewhere with it if you choose. never stop believing in your self. the impossible is possible if you believe it you can achive it! check out some of my work..

ThereIsAlwaysHope said...
Dec. 17, 2010 at 4:37 am:
this is amazing... i recently lost a close friend to suicide and... i couldnt even come close to putting my feelings down on paper. i admire you for this poem, i really do.

RinnyG. replied...
Jan. 1, 2011 at 8:47 pm :

Thank you, but I have to tell you, it was about two and a half years after Ian commited suicide before I could put anything onto paper.  I hadn't thought about him for a while and there were kids outside and something just reminded me of how he and I used to play, and inspiration struck me.  It took me about 15 minutes to write "My Friend Ian," and that was the first of my poems.  Just wait, I know how hard it is to go through something like this, but one day you will be... (more »)

dreamer_believerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 12, 2010 at 10:05 am:
this is just...wow. i LOVE this :) it is brilliant! i love the sadness and the nostalgia you put in from your past. i can relate to this so easily. i have gone through this same thing. you did a great job converting all the pain into a beautiful piece of art :) 5 stars. i added this to my faves :) would you mind commenting on some of my work please?

RinnyG. replied...
May 12, 2010 at 5:58 pm :

Thank you, I was going through a rough patch when I wrote this, I started this around the time of Ian's birthday and we were singing "Wishing You Were Some How Here Again" from Phantom of the Opera in choir and some how I blended them together.  This piece is probably one of my favorites because of that. 

I will definately look at your work too.