Just Another Love Poem

As I lay on my back
And stare up at the sky
The sun sets above me
But I’m watching your eyes

With your hand in mine
And your holding me tight
The stars pierce the back
And glisten so bright

Now there’s that smile
That I love to see
There’s no place else
That I’d rather be

From feeling to words
There’s just too much to say
Like I love you, I need you
Please don’t go away

I can hear your heart beating
From where I’m resting my head
No words can describe this,
So just kiss me instead . . .

IMAdreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 31, 2012 at 11:57 am
That was really beautiful, nice work! Ps. Please check out my poems BLACK FLAME, THE MONSTROSITY:FAME, BLOODY ROSE, BATTLE OF THE LAMB, MISTRESS OF THE ICE FLOWERS!!!!!!!M pleas!!!!!!

Speedyloris said...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 1:30 am
I'm usually all about free verse, but this poem was so touching and visual. It brought shivers down my spine and butterflies in my stomach, shit. this was frickin fantastic. please. dont. stop. writing.

Nauti721 said...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 9:20 am
I really love this poem, it is so nice and makes me want to snap my fingers. two thumbs u!!

iknowyourheart said...

AWWW! Baby I love it! it brings back painful but beautiful memories.

thoughtfulsoul said...
This is so beautiful!! It is hard for me to find any other words to describe how much I like this poem. None that would do it justice. I also agree that this needs to be published. It is one of the best I have seen on this site

AmnyR said...
close to perfection!

make*it*real said...
Nov. 22, 2009 at 1:16 am
wow this was amazing.i love it!

cassandra_2011 said...
wow this is amazing. You're a phenomenal writer! There's nothing I'd change at all with this. The rhythm is perfectly flowing, the rhymes are great, and you show great emotion. Great job! Keep it up.
~Just a fellow writer

romance_lover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i dont understand why they wouldn't publish this. You have major skill and people don't know what there missing. NEVER, never stop writing. Your words really touched my heart and i will never forget it.....amazing

a. <3 replied...
aw thanks :). Means a lot.