"I Promise."

I wrote your promise on my hand.
I hope it lasts.
I hope it stands.

And if somehow I lose my way,
I'll check my hand
and be okay.

When I wrote your promise
on my hand,
I wished it'd last.
I thought it'd stand.

Yet oddly now,
it's rinsed away.
But you're still here.
I'll be okay.

And don't you worry.
It helped me out.
More than you know.
Without one doubt.

foshomoe said...
Carly this was amazing, you know who I am hopefully :) You are one of the coolest (and greatest) writers I've ever come across so keep it up!

Coribeth said...
OMG!!!! Carly this is amazing!!! I know I totally just told you this via facebook....but its true, and I thought you might like some proof connected to the actual poem...THIS IS AMAZING!!!

sunshineBabii This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this was really good. it was short but i loved itt :)

carly... replied...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 3:12 pm :
Thanks!! I thought about making it longer, but I felt like I was getting my point across. It's actually two different poems about the same thing scrunched together. I wrote the first two stanzas a couple weeks before the last half.

Quiera_ser_adorado<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 7:41 pm :
well no matter what you did, it is great. i find a deep meaning in it. a lot i can relate to and that is something i wish i could bring across to my readers (as soon as i have some! this takes awhile to get accepted. i have like 10 poems waiting!!)

Oct. 6, 2009 at 7:42 pm :
true. i love it no matter what. i can relate to it. i want people to be able to relate to my poems (as soon as they get accepted. i have like 10 waiting lol)

carly... replied...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 9:40 pm :
Thank you so much! You have no idea what that means to me. :)
And omgsh I know what you mean by taking forever. I put this poem in like, a month ago and it got published yesterday. haha I have a bunch more waiting too. But tell me when yours are out, and I'll read em!! :)

Oct. 7, 2009 at 12:01 pm :
thank you thank you. none of my friends have a name here so i am alone lol. i just want to get my work out there. see if maybe it could get me somewhere...