The Ballad of the Lonely Mariner | Teen Ink

The Ballad of the Lonely Mariner

By polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other
polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

Upon the cresting waves of bitter seas, A lonely mariner sailed, adrift with ease. With heart emboldened by the wind and spray, He sought a haven from his foes’ foul play.

Each port of call, a story much the same, Faces unknown, yet knowing of his shame. With whispered jeers and sidelong, scornful looks, The townsfolk judged, like tyrants in their books.

Yet, in his heart, where hurtful words could drown, He found a solace, not in fame or crown. With sturdy ropes and timbers, sails unfurled, He mastered arts of seamanship and world.

His ship became his sanctuary, where The winds sang ballads, free from cruel despair. Through tempests wild and calm celestial nights, He learned the dance of storms and starry sights.

The sport of sailing, once a path to flee, Became his passion, on the boundless sea. Each wave a challenge, every gust a friend, In nature’s realm, where broken hearts can mend.

The ballad tells of a mariner who faces discrimination and bullying in every port he visits. To cope, he turns to the sport of sailing, which becomes both his escape and his passion.