Echoes of Silence | Teen Ink

Echoes of Silence

By polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other
polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

In our halls, where dreams should fly, We watched a lone boy, with a silent cry. Jokes cut deep, laughter turned sharp, His light dimmed, swallowed by the dark.

Tears fell unseen, in the bustling crowd, His pleas for help, silent but loud. One day he vanished, didn't return, Leaving behind lessons we had to learn.

Now his seat's empty, his voice a ghost, A reminder of the cost, of the friend we lost. We never spoke up, our silence a chain, In his darkest hour, we left him in pain.

Where he walks now, none can say, We lost a soul, in daylight's fray. Let's break the silence, let kindness shine, So no other echoes fade, in the halls of time.

It mourns the disappearance of a boy, a silent sufferer of cruelty, who never returns to class, leaving a void and unanswered questions. This poem serves as a stark reminder of the consequences of bystander silence and the importance of standing up for others.