Silent Tears | Teen Ink

Silent Tears

By polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other
polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

In a schoolyard where children should play and learn, Lived a boy with dreams, in every turn. His skin, a tapestry of the earth's deep embrace, Became the jest of jokes, a heartbreaking case.

His friends, cloaked in innocence, began with a tease, Not knowing their words cut deep, like a winter's freeze. Laughter echoed, a chorus of ignorance so blind, Leaving scars on the heart, and shadows on the mind.

The jest grew crueler, as days turned to night, No solace found in the morning's light. His tears, they fell, in front of all to see, A soul crying out, longing just to be.

Silenced by fear, that speaking would extend, The cycle of jokes, with no means to defend. His voice, once vibrant, now trapped in a cage, As the mockery continued, page by page.

A story of a young boy facing discrimination and bullying in school due to his skin color. It shows the pain and isolation he feels as the teasing escalates, and his struggle with the fear of speaking out.