Fright in France This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Bullets fly, the terror is thick
Soldiers die, the horror will stick
The waves are tainted, dyed with red
The beach is littered, covered in dead.
The man to the left looks for a haven
The men who are left all need saving
More men come, the boats are shot
More men come, effort seems for naught.
June sixth is the day things changed
They had found the way, though deranged
Carnage, massacre, macabre fighting
Death, destruction, merciless blighting.
When the day was through and the dead were laid,
The crimson tide had not begun to fade.
They now must press on, they must fight on.
And after, the rising sun must see its last dawn.

Rosie_PearlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:28 am:
Wow, I really like this... It is very thought provoking! also check out my work if you get a chance, thanks x)

DancingFingertips said...
I liked the ending. It does make you think, like someone else commented. Keep up the writing!

FULLSTOP said...
Nov. 21, 2011 at 3:49 am:
Wow, it makes you think and it's a really good poem. KEEP WRITING! also please could you check out some of my work. thanks x

BeccaAnne said...
This is amazing, beautiful!

Duckie430 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Excellent use of imagery; original poem compared to others on the site.

Milo! said...
What a great piece. It’s so understandable. You made it really easy to see where you’re coming from. I hope you keep writing, because this is really good. You should check out some of my stuff. I think you would like it.

munkyman95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That was AMAZING!!! wow loved the word choice and imagery... seriously blown away by that. Was very vivid and could have a glimpse of what it was like for those living in the war. Haven't read many poems better than that

Patrick said...
Dec. 7, 2009 at 5:39 am:
This sounds like something written upon watching clips and videos of the attack. I beleive it COULD be better, but i do love it. Mostly because the imagery is VERY clear and the rhyming has a flow to it that just feels right to me.