Poems written by teens | Teen Ink

Poetry

Top voted Poetry

Poetry
#131voted by our readers
By bkripa1 BRONZE
Bangalore, Other

The piano sits in the empty house.Dust settling on her sheen of black.The stool stood beneath her;Waiting for warmth.Warmth that would relive the music.  Keys sound from...
bkripa1 BRONZE, Bangalore, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

#132 Poetry
By IHateOhio BRONZE
Cupertino, California
IHateOhio BRONZE, Cupertino, California
#133 Poetry
By foxag SILVER
Parker, Colorado
foxag SILVER, Parker, Colorado

"Be a walking contradiction. Be strong and humble. Be deep and lighthearted. Be beautiful and intelligent. Be confident and humble. Be someone with a quick wit and a cheap sense of humor. Be content climbing amount and enjoying the sweetness of doing nothing. The world may try and classify you as one thing because that is far easier to understand than a person who has a little bit of everything in them. And you may feel misunderstood for a while, but just remember your people can only find you if you are brave enough to be yourself. There are parts of you that you have yet to discover. There is a greater love that you have yet to find. There are experiences that are far beyond your imagination. And it's all waiting for you. Life is waiting for you. So set aside your expectations and go explore it." - Alliemichellel

#134 Poetry
By jakejh PLATINUM
Murphysboro, Illinois
jakejh PLATINUM, Murphysboro, Illinois

Don't set boundaries for yourself.
Because building boundaries is only going to keep you from doing the things you want to do.

#135 Poetry
By ShesaTree BRONZE
Caldercruix, Other
ShesaTree BRONZE, Caldercruix, Other
#136 Poetry
Moving On MAG
#137 Poetry
By Treecela BRONZE
Parker, Colorado
Treecela BRONZE, Parker, Colorado
#138 Poetry
By sammyso3 SILVER
Hastings, Nebraska
sammyso3 SILVER, Hastings, Nebraska

"We have to be continually jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down." Kurt Vonnegut

#140 Poetry
Fifteen SILVER, Plattsburgh, New York

Missed it by that much-Maxwell Smart