The Lost Cause Hero

If I die, my only regret is that I never danced in the street when I had the impulse,
And I swear that I will go to hell and I will laugh all the way down.
So in time, let the ghost of me never age beyond this.
Too many important things have been forgotten,
All but the shadow of the emotions they brought with them.
“Carry on, carry on” I cry as I float away “carry on as a means to exist.”
Try not to shake me awake, for after all maturity is just another shade of childishness.
At times like this we fail to remember what things in us made golden flowers in the air.
So press, press on everything you wish to move.
At the end of the day someone shall place it back to wherever you found it.
What was yours was the journey, for triumph is nothing more than an illusion.

GracieRThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! I am very impressed by this--I have been revisiting this poem for the past two weeks, and reading it every day. And every time I read it I am struck by the immense thought behind it, and the beautiful execution. Very well done!!!

vampier said...
Apr. 21, 2011 at 9:02 am
man that iiiiiissssssss deep for that but keep up the grat work.....!

lala15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 1, 2011 at 9:06 am
im crying right now love it

Charlotte L. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this. I thought of myself as I read it. It stands out.. good job!

cordr3 said...
i liked this poem, it made me feel inspired to go and do the stuff i should of done a long time ago.

BeautifulXWallflower said...
This is AMAZING. I wish I could write HALF as good as you. =)

maki:p said...
If you get a chance, could look at my peom? I'd really aprreciate it. TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/156181/Drifting-Sea/

maki:p said...
This was amazing. I loved all the messages and meanings i could hear and feel in so short a poem. I epecially loved the last few lines. Thats an idea we share, for i believe the the journey is most important with all my heart.

silent_reader said...
Amazing! keep writing!

MelanieLouise This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 2, 2010 at 10:00 am
Great job. emotion is there, keep writing, Mel :)

Marissa L. said...
Wonderful.

tianaxbiddy said...
Again it is amazing you have such talent and you can see it. i just recently became a member but none of my work has yet been publishd. wen it does could you please look @ it. it would be awsome if you did.

MercedesXO said...
wow. this was soo good. i'm seriously in love with your style of writing and like i said before please view my work when it gets accapted to the site and tell me wat you think. your oppinion would mean a lot to me, because i have great respect for you work. i really loved it. fantastic job:)

lolo said...
I really like ur work, i dont actually write anything but i love coming on this site just 2 read wht other ppl got. you r defanetly my fav!!

Ender This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i really like reading all your poems and having to ponder upon their meanings but i love the lines. . .
"carry on as a means to exist"
and
"after all maturity is just another shade of childishness"
these things aren't often thought about but easy to understand.
your stuff is really really good.

mkgirl395 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You really do love to play with the mind, don't you?

Honeybunn said...
awe. i really like this. I can hear your tone clearly. :)

Schubster said...
Aug. 20, 2009 at 1:59 am
this is my favorite poem of yours :) good job

AshaMidnightOlympian said...
Aug. 10, 2009 at 5:12 am
Beautiful. I wish I had your talent.

iluvfruitbasket3 said...
really good poem