Life Is

Like a dragonfly in the sky,
Like a fish in the stream,
Life is about capturing things,
Beauty, hearts, and dreams.

Like a firefighter putting out flames,
Like a mountain climber at the peak,
Life is about having courage,
To achieve, to love, and to speak.

The mother sacrificing herself,
The man opposing slavery,
Life is about admiring
Talent, strength, and bravery.

Like a man on his knees,
Eyes closed, hands facing the air above,
Life is about believing,
In God, in faith, and in love.

Like a mother to her child,
A lonely man to the books on his shelves,
Life is about loving,
Our heroes, our family, and ourselves.

How will you choose to live?
what will you choose to be?
Life is about leaving behind
Your own legacy.

kapella This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 18, 2009 at 9:22 pm:
Thank you Jennnnnnn for your advice about my poem. I really appreciate you reading it. I have written other longer, more detailed poems but they're still up for review by the website. So once they go up please feel free to comment on them as well.Any advice is always welcome, thanks.

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 16, 2009 at 12:24 am:
I really love how well this is put together. I also like how the words flow perfectly throughout this whole piece. You did an amazing job. Keep it up!!

~~If you have time, please check out my work. Comment and rate if you wish!

TheCheezWiz said...
Jun. 14, 2009 at 10:10 pm:
wow, this is really good. :) is think what got me was the fifth part (haha, I've now realized that I should pay attention more in my english class!) where you wrote:
A lonely man to the books on his shelves/Life is about loving/Our heroes, our family, and ourselves.

COGIC*Girl#1 said...
Jun. 14, 2009 at 6:28 pm:
hi your work was very good i enjoyed it a lot also you told me to comment back after you had commented on my freedom poem thanks you can comment me if you want ur a fabulous writer keep up the good work :)

Voice said...
Jun. 4, 2009 at 11:56 pm:
Different than most poems I read, but differents good and so is this poem

gogreen2009 said...
May 12, 2009 at 1:39 am:
Wow i really like this poem its I can't really describe it but i like it. P.S thanks for the comment!

xXxFallingTearsxXx said...
May 6, 2009 at 12:25 am:
Wow, i really like your writing. thanks so much for commenting on my poetry, and for all the tips!! i am a very uneducated poet, so thank you for helping me!! great job, i loved it.

SoraChan said...
May 2, 2009 at 6:14 pm:
thanks 4 commenting on my poem! u have a really cool writing style and i like the way your poem makes you want to question yourself and how you want to live life

KICK3593 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 30, 2009 at 2:37 am:
Your poem points to all the elementary aspects of life, the things that we immediately embrace. You said that my poem was not focused on things such as life or love, but if you're to write a poem about life or love, you'll have to write about it the same way you write about a person who finds and carelessly fondles a dead moth. I go into specifics in my poetry because I wish to symbolize, because I wish to quickly point to things, to prevent any sort of vagueness, and then go outward if I ... (more »)

EdytD said...
Apr. 30, 2009 at 1:52 am:
Just one thing - you repeat the idea of the mother and child twice. The imagery wasn't particularly unique, but the way you brought together various examples in nature and humanity was unique and interesting. Great sense of rhythm and rhyme.

Good job!

BeccaBlue826 said...
Apr. 30, 2009 at 1:36 am:
finally someone who understands...it is the hardest thing to get people to feel your feelings...and when i write something personal it comes out all wrong...

Zachary12220 said...
dude this ones truly amazing i love your rhyming it worked out so well.

Abby:) This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 28, 2009 at 11:43 am:
"Life is about leaving behind / your own legacy"
:)
Thanks for commenting on mine-- great poem! Life sees your potential ;)

BeccaBlue826 said...
Apr. 28, 2009 at 9:54 am:
thanks for checking out my peoms...and your poem was great...i like how you put things in groups together then tie them in at the end...your really good:-)

Elisabeth C. said...
Apr. 28, 2009 at 1:02 am:
this is really good. you are very talented. I love the last stanza about leaving behind your own legacy. well done.