So Cold

Sometimes life seems to quiet, turning into paralyzing silence.

Endlessly I have been searching for something, someone to tell me that I’m not insane or delusional, that what I see is real. That what I dream is the truth in some way, even when I scream because it scares me.

Eventually I am bound by my fears. Now, even fear is all I know. It’s how I fall. Once I know I’m not strained by my sanity I feel like I can finally breathe. Then I look at reality like a slap in the face and I scream. Only now, the only difference is that I am the only one who can here my screams and it’s dreadful. It’s sickening to the point to where I can’t even think straight. Let alone speak.

The truth strains me from what I hear and it has stained my beautiful hands. So the guilty are the pleased as they choke me from what I see.

And there is always a fine line amid of love and hate, bearing and sadness, shattering and scaring. But I feel that the scars are here to remind of us that the past is real.

But with some things never knowing that are truly real I feel I am alone with only the unseen. The obscene. The fake. So the unclean make my hands so cold.

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This would be a great preface.

Good luck with your book. I know its gonna be a bestseller.

Keep writing.

Please check out my work. Ratings are greatly appreciated.