So Cold | Teen Ink

So Cold

By Taryn Strickland BRONZE, Chipley, Florida
Taryn Strickland BRONZE, Chipley, Florida

Sometimes life seems to quiet, turning into paralyzing silence.

Endlessly I have been searching for something, someone to tell me that I’m not insane or delusional, that what I see is real. That what I dream is the truth in some way, even when I scream because it scares me.

Eventually I am bound by my fears. Now, even fear is all I know. It’s how I fall. Once I know I’m not strained by my sanity I feel like I can finally breathe. Then I look at reality like a slap in the face and I scream. Only now, the only difference is that I am the only one who can here my screams and it’s dreadful. It’s sickening to the point to where I can’t even think straight. Let alone speak.

The truth strains me from what I hear and it has stained my beautiful hands. So the guilty are the pleased as they choke me from what I see.

And there is always a fine line amid of love and hate, bearing and sadness, shattering and scaring. But I feel that the scars are here to remind of us that the past is real.

But with some things never knowing that are truly real I feel I am alone with only the unseen. The obscene. The fake. So the unclean make my hands so cold.

I plan on finishing a book I have been working on for a few months now. And this is my preface.

ShernayB. DIAMOND, Southfield, Michigan

"Some things will never change"---Tupac

This would be a great preface.

Good luck with your book. I know its gonna be a bestseller.

Keep writing.

Please check out my work. Ratings are greatly appreciated.