To You | Teen Ink

To You

By Brooke.blaha SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Brooke.blaha SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

I first wanna say, Welcome Home. I  wanna express my gratitude and say thank you for all the sacrifices you gave to this country for us to be free. And how thankful and grateful I am to have the life I live today.
My name is Brooke Blaha, I am a proud american and a Junior at Arrowhead High School. I saw the Honor Flight movie and I just think it's wonderful that they do this for veterans. I hope you had a wonderful time at the Honor Flight. You deserve it.

Hearing the things you had to go to when you got home was heartbreaking and upsetting. And I am sorry you had to go through that. I don’t wanna  just say thank you for your service. I wanna say thank you for all the scarfies you gave this country to make me feel safe at night.

The courage and bravery you had when you where only eighteen is amazing. At my age of almost seventeen I could never imagine going out to war and leaving my family.

Your courage and bravery is appreciated. And I am so grateful for this wonderful country I get to live in.

Going back home from the war and having people be ashamed of you and family members stop talking to you is truley sicking.  All the things you have done and sacrifices, and to come home to that is not okay. And I am truly sorry.