Carpet stains | Teen Ink

Carpet stains

By Sabrina15 BRONZE, Amarillo, Texas
Sabrina15 BRONZE, Amarillo, Texas

"A woman who opens her heart to love you,when its already broken,is braver than any person you'll ever meet".

Blood is ink that flows in my veins.

Blood dripping from my arms

stains on the carpet begin to appear

I think about my family and how im a dissappoinment to them.

Vertical lines run down my arm

Im in a locked caged trying to escape but no one

will help me.

No one.

What inspired me most was that this is a very common issue that teens go through each day.

Sabrina15 BRONZE, Amarillo, Texas

Thank you for that.That means alot.When my mom found out i also felt a sense of relief that she knew.Although i didnt go to therapy just the help of my family i havent did this in a while.Hopefully,there are more people in the world going through this and by reading this poem they can believe that they are not alone

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

Hello, Sabrina. I, unfortunately, can relate to this poem quite a lot. If you are struggling with this personally, I can say from experience that there is always someone to help you, you just have to let them in and give them the information they need to treat you. I went two years without telling anyone, and when they found out, I felt so much relief... They helped me feel better, and I found medications, therapy, and a psychiatric doctor that made every ounce of difference. Please remember that you are more than what your urges tell you you are. I believe in you, and everyone else going through this, and though it is tough, there is the sun, beaming above every cloud, waiting to be discovered again.