Carpet stains This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Blood is ink that flows in my veins.

Blood dripping from my arms

stains on the carpet begin to appear

I think about my family and how im a dissappoinment to them.

Vertical lines run down my arm

Im in a locked caged trying to escape but no one

will help me.

No one.

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yesterday at 8:51 pm
Hello, Sabrina. I, unfortunately, can relate to this poem quite a lot. If you are struggling with this personally, I can say from experience that there is always someone to help you, you just have to let them in and give them the information they need to treat you. I went two years without telling anyone, and when they found out, I felt so much relief... They helped me feel better, and I found medications, therapy, and a psychiatric doctor that made every ounce of difference. Please remember tha... (more »)
Sabrina15 replied...
today at 2:44 pm
Thank you for that.That means alot.When my mom found out i also felt a sense of relief that she knew.Although i didnt go to therapy just the help of my family i havent did this in a while.Hopefully,there are more people in the world going through this and by reading this poem they can believe that they are not alone