goodbye song | Teen Ink

goodbye song

By jman187 BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
jman187 BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

There’s not enough things in the world to wipe my past away but I feel like that it was just yesterday when I found out that my dad passed away so much that i want to say but I passed up my only shot to show that I love you but I was too busy smoking pot, starting fights, arguments, and breaking rules hanging out with the wrong group of people because I thought it made me cool now I know I was just a fool sorry for being such a jerk now your dead and I can’t take any of it back and it makes it so much worse I just want to be able to wake up in the morning and pretend it doesn’t hurt on the day you died I would wonder why you had to go to work if you didn’t you would still be alive I would be able to sleep at night why would god take you from this planet and leave me behind you love me mom and my dead brother it hurts me knowing my kids ain’t going to meet their grandfather I just wanna cry actually I wanna die cause the day you passed away I just bottled it all up inside thinking about it eats me alive I never got to say or tell you I love you I just cry looking in mirror see you smiling at me behind love you dad this is my goodbye