Where Im From | Teen Ink

Where Im From

December 18, 2017
By katykat654 BRONZE, Ionia, Michigan
katykat654 BRONZE, Ionia, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I am from loud music blaring and singing all the time.

I am from 2 homes that are different, but both filled with love . My favorite being the kitchen that we all sing and dance in all day and night long.

I am from hot summer days to cold winter nights and from birds chirping in the morning to crickets chirping all night.

I am from freshly brewed coffee in the morning,  to brunch in the afternoon and lovely dinners at night altogether too.

From Angel and Jason with the help of Jim too, but also from my descendant family members I love dearly too.

From “Be confident just the way you are” to “ I love you goodnight”.

I am from fresh air from the nicest of trees, to fields full of crops needed harvest and cleaned.

From the Grandmother that loves me and loves to give joy to the Grandfather that loves to crack jokes about anything, anywhere, all the time.

I am from all of these things.

That began, where I’m from.


The author's comments:

I did this for a school project. I chose to write my poem about Home because Home is the best place to be with your family and friends. 

I hope this poem makes the readers think about what really makes up there home special to them.