Makeup

Why does everyone hide their faces
And then try to avoid others’ gazes?
Why do they hide behind
The makeup they apply?
It makes me sick
Super red lipstick
A little blush
Just a touch
Applied too much
All to impress your crush
Was it worth it?
Hiding behind a curtain?
The makeup promotes lies
It confuses us guys
It shows you’re fake
Makeup caked
On your skin
Running down like some washed up has-been
It’s not pretty, it’s not attractive
You’re not some Barbie doll made of plastic
You’re a person
Obviously hurting
Failing to hide
What you feel inside
You are so beautiful
Makeup unsuitable
Just be yourself
Forget everyone else
They don’t matter
Ignore their laughter
Focus on you
Born anew
Let your blemishes show
Half of us already know
How insecure you are
But we don’t see the star
We know you can be
Unfortunately
You hide behind makeup
So cover up
Double up
Two layers
Sending prayers
Because you need help
All because you hide yourself
You’re about to break
Maybe that would change if you’d quit being fake
So quit lying
Stop trying
No more tears
What’s there to fear?
The people of the past?
Come now. Take off your mask

evelindenmannThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 23 at 11:08 am
I love wearing makeup. Always have. I don't use it as a mask, but more of an enhancer. Good poem though

WhiteNoiseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 24 at 8:12 am
This was for the insecure girls. I totally see your point of view tho

BreezetteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 22 at 9:40 pm
I 100% think every girl needs to hear this, I mean it is one of the most beautiful poems I have read. Like kudos for being fricking talented, not a lot of people write/rap about important things like this. Good job!!!!!

Oct. 23 at 8:05 am
Thank you!

BreezetteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 23 at 10:31 am
No problem!

FluffyPanda427This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 20 at 6:03 pm
OMG that was a million times better than mine

FluffyPanda427This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 20 at 7:53 pm
SHOUT OUT TO WhiteNoise for being so supportive and kind to me!

Oct. 20 at 7:55 pm
Also listen to the song to good at goodbyes by Sam Smith Galantis Remix

Oct. 23 at 8:06 am
Thank you! And okay. I will.