These Words I Share In The Time I Need Them

These great words I share with you, may be the most important thing you will ever hear
Live your life, and don’t care what people think of you because everyone will judge you no matter where you go
So what if your hair is messed up
Or if everyone has straight hair and yours is curly
Or if your thighs are too big and your gut sticks out
And whenever you try to lose weight you gain five for each pound you lost
Cause if you care about all that stuff eventually you will be so far from being yourself, you will never go back
When you try to talk all that will come out is a muted whisper because your afraid you’ll say the wrong thing
And whenever your hungry you will never eat for if you do you will gain weight again
And you will never dance for you never get the moves right
And you won’t live the way you want to because nobody else is doing it the way you would
If someone tries to change you never do it
If they say lose weight yell in they’re face and say no
If they say straighten your hair, tell them you will when the curl theirs
If they say don’t dance that way, dance even worse and laugh in their face
If they don’t eat, go buy a doughnut and eat it in their face ‘cause you know they’ll be jealous
My secret is, act like you would if you were all alone in your room
Be crazy and random and when someone tells you to stop you drape your arm over their shoulders and say don’t be such a grump
For if your friends don’t like you then, then you need to find some new friends that except you for who you are
And if your best friend since kindergarten starts to change, don’t let them
Act like you did when you first met and maybe they will come to their senses
But if they don’t still stay true to yourself ‘cause that’s the right thing to do

Fangz said...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 8:05 am
Great message, and worded nicely. If you believe this and actually act upon it, then bravo. I've been trying to for a while now, and its encouraging to think of someone else doing it.

SurvivoroftheWorld said...
Oct. 3, 2009 at 11:25 am
Third poem I have read by yours and honestly i don't know what to say.... just keep writing because I love reading all of them!