I Am... | Teen Ink

I Am...

June 5, 2017
By Livingwild BRONZE, Seaford, Delaware
Livingwild BRONZE, Seaford, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I am a Basketball player.
I was born the first time I stepped on a court.
I am a hard worker who gives 99percent at practice.
I am Stephen Curry if you don’t fall how are you going to know what getting up is like.
I am Lebron James I hate letting my teammates down I know I’m not going to make every shot sometimes I will try to make the right plays and if it results in a loss, I will feel awful.         

I am Kevin Durant hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.
I am balanced I learn when to manage time for other things than myself and what I love, like my family and friends.
I have family and friends that support me and cheers me on as I play.
Throughout the course of my day I have been called a team player, a friend, an inspirer, and also, a risk-taker.
I am a paradox. I sit on the sidelines half of the time cheering on my teammates.
I am the most reliable player.
I am a warrior daily battling for confidence, upper body arm strength, and great techniques. 
I am principled I learn to congratulate the other teams whether I win or lose.
I am open-minded I hear and listen to teammates around me and the technics I can approve in.
But I am with a team behind me with great communication and   love for one another always helping to find our way as communicators throughout the game singling out different          signs to make shots.
   As the scoreboard rings, I know I am a basketball player.