The mask | Teen Ink

The mask

By sofiaH05 BRONZE, Texas, Alaska
sofiaH05 BRONZE, Texas, Alaska

I wear the mask that allows me to coat my body with tropical salty water. The mask that hides the sadness and madness, in life. The waves whisper to me,  and the sand hugs my feet, while the fish swim in an orderly fashion around me. The mask captures and carries me into a mystical underwater scene, as I watch the sun project mesmerizing silhouettes, on the surface of the waves.

I wear the mask that allows me to see underwater.
The mask that takes me deep down, where the once sapphire blue changes gradually into a midnight shade, becoming so deep I can no longer breathe.
It shows me the world of happiness and the seagrass beds where I can withdraw my worries.

I wear the mask that takes me to a blissful reef where coral grows removing grief. I have come to see the sun and ocean collide gracefully, leaving satisfaction as  I come to realize the ocean is a symbol of tranquility and happiness that I will forever keep.

Description of Poem:

This poem shows how much i love being in the ocean. As soon as I slip in the ocean, instantly i feel as if the stress stays at the surface. The mask I have been explaining is the ocean, as the ocean relaxes me and i have lived by the sea my whole life, meaning the ocean has had a great impact on my life. It making me feel delighted when i am beneath the sea, giving me a feeling that i don't need to cover up my feelings, I can just be me. I enjoy exploring, and learn more about my happy place.