Teenage Dream | Teen Ink

Teenage Dream

May 11, 2017
By Tajuana10 BRONZE, Waukegan, Illinois
Tajuana10 BRONZE, Waukegan, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.


I could've asked you to stay, But there's really nothing left to say. You weren't my first kiss, I guess you can say you were my first love, I really don't know what love is but that's not the point. Oh and you broke my heart that's when I felt like I needed you the most. Who's to say  what's true I never said I was right, Guess I never knew but it's not worth the fight. Thinking about before, Could've closed the door, And never been  an “us”. But I trusted my guts that you were the one. Everything was fine we said we would never part, forever was the word. I knew it was a line but I somehow still gave you my heart. Someday you can sit down and think how much I meant to you, When you meant the world to me. I pretended to be fine but it only got worst, I don't know if my decision to let you go was a mistake or a blessing in disguise? I'm young you're young we really don't know if it's meant to be, So every other day I pray you find someone that's just as good as me. It might hurt but I just want what's best for you and that's obviously not me because there's no way in the world you could've lost a good girl like me. How dumb can boys be? I could've been the best for you but who's to say what that is nowadays. You're so cute smart and funny you were my honey bee so sweet, I wish it didn't end we could've went beyond the stars but then I realize this is reality. Everything's not perfect or glitter and gold but you just could have been the difference in today's society role. I just want you to know its hard to love, Weird to trust. I know if I meet someone else, and I'm not sure I will but this whole in my heart he can never fill.


The author's comments:

I wrote this poem to inspire young girls around the world that might get there heart broken and think there's no one really there to understand what their going through but I do because I went through the same thing that every typical teenage girl goes through "A heartbreak"!