''Dreaming Is like Dreaming with your feet'' | Teen Ink

''Dreaming Is like Dreaming with your feet''

By Espinoza BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Espinoza BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

''Dancing....
  Is like Dreaming
   with your feet''

Hours spent in the studio, while spinning and swirling
    learning where to step, where to go
    the mirrors along the back wall,
    remind me to look  forward, stand tall

Ouch !  I get cramps in my feet
    get worse throughout the first two weeks
    dance is a swirl of color and sound,
    as we turn round and round 

Dance wraps around me like a warm cocoon,
    and it's sad to know it will end soon
    finally it's recital night
    I  stand up on center stage
    to bow along with the younger age

This is what dance means to me
     I love dance with all my heart
     dance is the most beautiful art

Reflection
                          I picked an ode for my poem, because it's expressing emotion on something or someone. The title I picked for my poem was ''Dancing is like Dreaming with your feet''. I chose this title, because dancing is my passion. I wrote 16 lines and 4 stanzas, because I was into writing a ode poem. I wrote lowercase letters in each line, because I want it to be inspiring.

I put the rhyme scheme in my poem, because I  like words rhyming at end of each line. I put consonance in my poem, because I want the reader to know how I used it. I put assonance, because I want it to be readable. I put enjambment, because I want the writing to go on with the poem. I put alliteration, because I want the reader to know how it's like to dance in a studio. I put onomatopoeia, because I wanted the reader to know how much it hurts when starting to dance. I put personification, because I wanted it to be funny. I put a metaphor, because  I wanted it to be entertaining. I put a simile also, because I want the reader to know how much I'm passionate for dance.