Before | Teen Ink

Before

By caugusta BRONZE, Abington, Massachusetts
caugusta BRONZE, Abington, Massachusetts

Before I was an athlete, I was a young child. With a dream to be successful like Michael Jordan and a dream to lead like Lebron James. I was the hardest worker on the floor and in the classroom. I had that single-handed drive to be GREAT.  I was always a student at heart, learning alongside my parents. Learning every move they made and watching them like a hawk does to its prey, I developed many of the same work ethics they have. I was determined. Involved. Hard-working.  I remember sitting on my couch in my white shirt at a young age doing math problems and reading books to my mom, dad, and my little sister. It is truly incredible how life was so simple and how anything seemed to be possible.
Before I was who I am today, I was a young child. With a dream to be successful like Michael Jordan and a dream to lead like Lebron James. I had that single-handed drive to be GREAT.

?This short vignette styled writing shows my life when overlooking who I am today and analyzing who I was in my adolescence.