So I Walk | Teen Ink

So I Walk

By ecords00 SILVER, Olathe, Kansas
ecords00 SILVER, Olathe, Kansas

This late autumn afternoon, my dog, Dash and I wonder down the sidewalk in my neighborhood. I have walked this way a million times and know it inside and out. So I walk…

My dogs runs down the driveway and down the sidewalk, just like he always does. He knows exactly where were going and loves the adventure. So I walk…

We pass our neighborhood pool that has been closed for the winter, and I remember all the fun times I had there this summer and can’t wait for more. So I walk…

The sun is shining brightly and I can barley see as I face it, then the cloud comes to cover the sun at just the right moment. So I walk…

The breeze blows ever so lightly and the trees sway just enough to let go of a few leaves that have started to darken. I step on the leaves, for the crunching sound comforts me and reminds me of being a kid and jumping in the pile of leaves my dad raked up in our front yard. So I walk…

I pass my neighbors who are also enjoying the perfect weather and they wave and Dash barks hellos I wave back. As we continue down the path, I see flowers the colors of summer and warmth. So I walk…

Birds in the background are fighting over the best spot on the fence; chirping and squawking Dash starts to bark and scares them away. So I walk…

Nothing can beat the fresh crisp air of the autumn season; I enjoy my freeing walk that gives me a sense of the magnificent outdoors that are just outside my front door. So I walk.