Somedays | Teen Ink

Somedays

By AndreneJones15 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
AndreneJones15 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

Somedays, my heart would ache for you, while my brain would try to give it directions for it to stop. Somedays, your the only name I want to say, and somedays, you're the only name I would like to forget.

Somedays, there'd be twenty people in the room and your face is the clearest out of everyone. Somedays, you're just a blur from the corner of my eye.

Somedays, I try to love you and you never see it. Somedays, you see it, which makes me want to hide from you.

But somedays, you place your feelings into a bottle, refusing to open it. And somedays, you'd open the bottle when I already placed mine in the middle of the ocean for it to float away in plain sight.

Somedays, you're the most easiest person to be in love with. To observe, to sit with. Somedays, your unbearable. Unbearable to talk to, to love.

Somedays, I look at you and see too much of myself, which makes me want to take a hammer to smash the reflection. But that would do more harm than good; I would have to stare at all the cracks and imperfections we both have.

Somedays, I want to ask you all the questions in the world.

I want to hear what you hate and why.

I want to be the first person you'd like to speak your mind to. Today, I can't even look you in the eye and love you when you don't love me.

I wrote this during the summer of 2016, after trying to get over a certain someone. Hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing :D