A Lonely Rain

In the steady stillness of rain,
I sit and stare,
solitary, yet for the sudden
Sound of splashing
beneath my window.

Silently I watch,
steadily I wait.
alone I sit
by the window.

As the clouds storm
fury and fear,
my tears slide in unison
with the sky's above
onto my window.

Sighing, I gaze out,
trembling, I muse.
alone I sit
by the window.

EdytD said...
Apr. 29, 2009 at 1:19 am
awww, thanks! That's really sweet, and it means so much to me to hear you say that. I'm glad that I managed to convey the sadness and emotion of this poem.

Thanks guys for your great comments! :D

Wolfayne said...
You definetly have a great imagination, with an air that makes us beleive we are in the place of the poem, experiencing what is happening for ourselves. Dude, you have gotta make a club or SOMETHING! You're getting to many fans!

EdytD said...
Lol thanks! The narrator is definitely not angry, though, which differs from some of my other poems - she's more sad and upset, and, of course, alone. I'm glad I seem "cool;" I never thought I would manage to convey that image merely in writing.

Thanks all of you guys for commenting - it means so much to me! :D

Mikal said...
Apr. 23, 2009 at 6:40 am
I see u have fans....well Im ur new fan. Despite all of ur lonely poems, u seem majorly cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This poem will be seen all around the world!

Hannah:] said...
Apr. 20, 2009 at 2:16 am
Great poem! It applies to a lot of different situations and makes you feel exactly like your there because everyone has been there at some point in their lives. (I know that you siad this in one of your comments, I just wanted you to know you're not alone in your thinking!) Wonderful job and thank you for your comments on my poems!

KattValentine said...
I thank you for your comment and did take up and read your poem. I enjoyed it, feeling the emotion and the visual that it created. Very well written.

Rebecca M. said...
Mar. 19, 2009 at 12:55 am
I'm not sure why but "My tears slide in unison" gives great visual image,probably because it is great,poe would be proud

EdytD said...
Thanks! I used alliteration to make it sound like splashes of rain. I wanted to give a clear image of the setting - the rain, the window, the clouds.
It's a universal poem - it can be about anyone, anytime, anywhere.
I'm glad I managed to convey the mood...
thank you! :D

EdytD said...
oh, thanks! that means so much to me - I have always been an avid reader of Poe's work; he is by far my favorite poet.
I'm glad that I manage to convey the feeling of melancholy that the narrator, so to speak, is feeling.

GoldenD said...
I like how the last word of each stanza is "window" and I like the type of poem. It is emotional and you feel the mood, unlike some poems, that do not have any feeling in them. The poem is also realistic.