Through The Shadows

My feet fall heavy on the asphalt
Not running like they were
Yesterday.
Concrete slowly slips into my veins

I stumble (and finally fall)
Shadows dance for me and

I dance for them.
I walk to my house (they follow me)

But a house isn't a home

a home though

Is no longer safe
Open my arms to the darkness

Give up my soul (as it bleeds)
To whatever filthy hand

Decides to take it
I'm not running (unlike yesterday)

Ask no questions and get no lies

(And they will follow me home,
when I get home then I fade
into oblivion)

ripped apart by lead

Lonleydandy said...
Love it love it love it...and I can totally relate to the little author's comments thing..haha, according to my friends, i am a naturally happy person..but most of my stuff is a little more depressing than my personality..haha. Anyway GREAT poem!!!

Mika_Lestat said...
Oct. 14, 2009 at 10:13 am
Wow, that was amazing. You told me once to ignore people if they ever said my writings were to dark, so I extend the same advice. Darkness is a very beatiful thing.

Schubster said...
cool poem :) i love your work esp. "The Fall of Winter" keep writing.

Sarah22 said...
Aug. 6, 2009 at 3:34 am
i didnt really get it?????????????????

AshaMidnightOlympian said...
Aug. 6, 2009 at 2:49 am
This truly poetry, as you are truly a poet.

carolines This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
it was really good but a bit dark for me...although my best friend would have loved it--it is the exact same thing she writes about! goodjob!

SilverDawn said...
wow, great descriptions! it is a bit dark but very very awesome (:

awesomeaugust This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think this should be published- it's really good. I like how you used the parenthesis (very interesting).
p.s. Don't worry- alot of cheery people write darker things :-)

~I'd love any comments on my poetry and stories!~

scotttyboy said...
WOW! this is the kind of stuff that i strive to write....absolutley beautiful....(:
keep at it!

PK4evr This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Awesome rhythm and message. keep writing. btw thanks for your comments on mah work :)

KirbyLover95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was really good and dark. I like how you can hook the reader on the first line, not many people can do that. It's considered a gift. Well, if you stop writing, i'll stop reading! This was soooo good!!! This has to be in a magazine!

RaeRae said...
This poem is really awesome!!! I honestly mean that too! :)

xXsmileXx This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
WOW! I was hooked at the first line. That poem was beautiful, emotional, dark, and wesome. By the way, i write dark poems too...even though there's never a time i'm not smiling :)

scribere said...
really awesome poem; this line especially: Give up my soul (as it bleeds), but this line: (And they will follow me home, when I get home then I fade into oblivion) i think might need a little bit of work...doesn't sound quite right to me.

poetryaddict said...
i really liked this poem, man. even if it is dark.

MikaLestat said...
You said I was a genius....this was AWESOME! It was a masterpiece and you DEFINITELY be in the magazine!!!!