In your Arms | Teen Ink

In your Arms

By horseluver14 BRONZE, Chilhowie, Virginia
horseluver14 BRONZE, Chilhowie, Virginia

I want to be held in your arms like a mother would hold her newborn son or daughter. I want to know that I'm loved and that you'll always take care of me, no matter what happens. I need to know that you're still there for me when I need you the most, and that I can trust in you in the darkest hours. I need you to take my hand and lead me forward, gently. I need to be reassured that I can trust you never to leave me. I love you and hope you love me as much. This is all I ask of you, that you love me and be there for me when I struggle. When I feel like I'll never see another light again, that the world is forever plunged into darkness. So help me, just help me. I don't want you to do everything for me, I just can't do this on my own. I'm calling upon your grace like you asked me to, but please answer my plea for help. Don't let it go unnoticed. Don't ignore me, don't leave me wondering if you'll ever answer. You said we'd have a close relationship if I'd lean on you. So, here I am, don't disappoint me. This world is so full of disappoinments, don't give me another. I want to be held, that's all I ask. Held and reassured. Please, no more disappointments in my life.

I purposefully did not use the word Lord. This poem is about a girl who has stumbled so many times in her walk with Jesus Christ. She's begging and crying that he help her, that she needs to be held. My inspiration came from the song, By Heart, By Soul by Aaron Neville and Held by Natalie Grant. They're two of my favorite Christian Songs.

Deborah1956 said...
on Mar. 15 2009 at 1:05 am
What a beautiful picture of a young girl claiming the promises of God in faith. Oh if the world would cry out like this, instead of with violence and fear. She knows where to turn in times of uncertainty and despair.