unity in diversity | Teen Ink

unity in diversity

By FathinQamilya BRONZE, Ampang, Other
FathinQamilya BRONZE, Ampang, Other

WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING UNITY IN DIVERSITY?

Unity is defined as being together or at one with someone or something. It's the opposite of divided. Diversity is the quality or state or having many different forms, type and ideas.

Each and everyone of us need to have the unity in ourselves. This also applies to us  Malaysians because in Malaysia, we have many different cultures, races and religions. Without unity, there will be many conflicts and misunderstandings between the people of Malaysia. Hence, making the world hectic and..... One of the examples is, India is a country proving the fact of unity in diversity. People of various religions and castes have managed to live together for many years without any problem. Mahatma Ghandi ...........bring oeace to the country... India is decorated by the high mountains, valleys, oceans, famous rivers, streams, forests, deserts, ancient culture and tradition, and most importantly unity in diversity.

Unity in diversity boosts morale of people at workplace, organization, and community. It helps in enhancing esprit de corps, relationships, teamwork among people thus improve performance, quality of work, productivity and lifestyle. So, we can work together in doing an activity. It makes communication effective even in bad situation. We can make an effective communication by asking each other for help if there is any problem. It also keeps people away from social problems and help to manage conflicts easily.