Somewhere Away

Pine trees,
Yearning, reaching for the sky
Branches upward, like a baby beckoning for its mother.
Just lift me, carry me, pull me up with you.
Wanting so much more
Ignored, cast away
Why not loved and cherished?
Why do you throw me aside?
I'm not enough
Like on a farm, the runt never makes it.
But why are they not enough?
All I wanted was a home.
Uproot me, take me somewhere,
As always,
Where I don't have to be myself.
I want to grow, to prosper
To make a difference
Even if I'm not existent.
God, take me somewhere
Where the trees grow,
Where the air is bright and crisp.
Away from them,
forever.

the_Horsegirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really liked the desolatin and emotion you infused into this poem. Very, very good. 5 stars!
If you get the chance, please check out my work. I'd appreciate any comments you have.

http ://www.teenink .com /raw/Poetry/article/91361/Trapped

Kelly H. said...
thanks for commenting on my poem! Yours is really good, I like the metaphors you used, very relatable.

Alice M. said...
Wow your poem is amazing! It reaaaalllly conves the feeling of being without "a place of your own" keep up the good work! :)

asiangurl... said...
hey...that was so awesome. i can relate to it...and thanks for reding my poem too. keep it up
...lol:)

kissingdawn331 said...
I can really relate to feeling like you just got to move...that sometimes you just want to run and see if things are better elsewhere. This is definatly a poem that people can relate to. cause everyone feels like this(:

innergenius745 said...
Mar. 6, 2009 at 1:22 am
Wow i really like it! thanks a lot for commenting on my poem...you were the first person lol. your poem is soooo amazing i wish i could write like that. :) I love how much the reader can relate to it...it's amazing! :)

hornie411 said...
i luv this poem because i could understand the theme of this poem of feeling lost and lonely. i could relate to the pain of realizing it!:)

Christine H. said...
Hi, thanks for the comment on my poem! And as for your poem- I liked it! Keep it up! I got a good feel for the emotion you put into your piece.