I can still hear the rain

By AriIce SILVER, Virginia Beach, Virginia
AriIce SILVER, Virginia Beach, Virginia

"Carpe Diem" sieze the day...

Even with these dejected eyes shut...
the pounding and beating of the ran on my skin is vibrating in my ears.
I can feel the tears of my heart,broken like shattered glass, running down my brown cheeks. My tears don't fall they crash into the pavement like heavy stones.
I am a hypocrtic of my own words. With a rafter in my own eye I try to remove, my bothers straw. I spill out my heart, and lay my secrets in the dirt. But the rain won't stop. I slit open my veins and let the words fall like black ink to the ground, wetting the insects of my devastation; awakening that monster that hides in the dark edges of my mind.
I am a prisoner in my own house of pain.
I bang on the walls, with little fist. I cry and curse my reflection in the face. I swear myself to damnation. I dig my nails into the floors of confrontation. I make loud cocaphonies of sounds until, my ears start pouring blood.
The lights have gone out...
The cries have echoed throughout this place...
But...
I can still hear the rain.

When I write my poems I like to be as expressive as humanly possible. I just write on the paper, with my heart tells me to...
Nothing more, and nothing less

on Feb. 25 2009 at 1:35 am
fiveinside GOLD, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit if there are footprints on the moon." ~unknown

I love it! especially the ending. I might work on line breaks (i know a lot of it is how the website cut it to fit the page)... they make the piece flow.

but otherwise it's great! amazing! keep it up!

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!