Remembering Home | Teen Ink

Remembering Home

February 10, 2009
By Sassy_Writer BRONZE, Euclid, Ohio
Sassy_Writer BRONZE, Euclid, Ohio
2 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Just one wisp of air holds the sweet sensation of Grandmas Sweet Potato Pie. As I run to the kitchen to try and steal a piece, my grandmother quickly popped my hand and said child it's to hot. I wanted a piece anyway but granny knows best. As I run outside to play till dinner time; I am greeted by my cousin with two jumps ropes. I didn't want to play though. Soon dinner arrives and everyone is ready to feast. As we eat everyone is stopped by granny who doesn't look so well. Everything is happening so fast I don't know what's going on. As the ambulance leaves me sitting on the porch lost in a gaze of what happened on that Christmas day. The next day granny didn't come home. A few days later granny was said to be gone. It took me years to understand. Now that I know I still go by that house and get a wisp of Grandmas Sweet Potato Pie and I just remember home.


The author's comments:
I was about 14 when this happened and it tore me apart. My inspiration came from the woman I loved the most; my grandmother. She inspired me to write everything I felt. So this is for her. I hope reader will understand what it feel like to lose someone and not understand why. Just always Remember Home.