Shipwrecked in the Land That Time Forgot | Teen Ink

Shipwrecked in the Land That Time Forgot

By Case Clay BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas
Case Clay BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas

Far away and beyond the distant horizon, lies a land filed with mysterious people: a place whrer a variety of mythical creatures and unique cultures live. It is and island of mystery. Fortunatly, one long, hot afternoon I drifted ashore and into this mythical land. As a young man tossed about in life's sea, I am finally ashore. And it is here that I am able to cautiously find my destiny.

I awoke to the warm salt water splashing on my face. My body far beyond being depleted, and being a bit delirious, I rose to my feet. To the eye, the island appeared abandoned. However there were so many strange and exotic noises that I heard. I began walking along the sandy beach to the green wall of trees ahead. With each step my anticipation of what lay ahead built within me. I had no idea what lay beyond the row of trees I advance to. And although my courage was not great my curiousity was pushing me forward. I finally arrived at the mighty fortress of trees and my decision to move ahead. "My friends will never believe me", I thought, "if someday I am given the oppertunity to tell them I had been shipwrecked. Shipwrecked by fate in a land that time forgot." I stood for some time. Then with shoulders back, and hands clenched, I stepped forward into a new world. I disappeared into the dark trees and into a new adventure.

Jessica L. Hampton BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas
What a great poem!!