One Chilly Night | Teen Ink

One Chilly Night

February 9, 2009
By Neha Sehgal BRONZE, Woodbridge, Virginia
Neha Sehgal BRONZE, Woodbridge, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One Chilly Night






One chilly October night, Samantha was trying to go to bed as usual. She slipped into her covers and turned her alarm on for the next morning. That night it was raining cats and dogs, and the constant claps of thunder kept her awake. She was really scared because the wind was howling like a wolf, and her mother was not at home. Her mother always had to work night shifts. She wanted her dad to be there right now, but unfortunately her parents were divorced. She didn't even know why her parents were divorced. She always asked her mom but her mom never told her. This subject always remained a mystery to her.


Still in bed, Samantha was very worried. There were so many thoughts rushing through her head that she then got a migraine. She had been waiting to use the bathroom for so long. She wanted to go, but she was so scared to get out of bed. It had been thirty minutes that she was waiting to go to the bathroom. She got SO tired of waiting that she finally had to get up. She wearily rose from her bed and slowly crept to the door. Then all of a sudden, she heard a weird tapping at her window.


She had no time whatsoever to see who it was. Slowly, she tiptoed to the bathroom which seemed like hundreds of steps away to her. The door was already opened to the bathroom, so she walked in, used the bathroom, quickly washed her hands, and stepped out. She walked really fast, yet quietly, back to her room. There, lying on her bed, was a crumpled up piece of paper that was folded a bunch of times. She grabbed the paper and carefully opened it. On the paper it said, 'I WANT TO KILL YOU,' in bright red blood. She was SO terrified that she began to cry. She cried herself to sleep.


The next morning she woke up and recalled the events of the night before. She was hoping that it was just a dream. She kept saying to herself, 'It's okay, it's just a dream'. Then she got out of bed to open her curtains, and she saw the same crumpled up paper on her nightstand. She opened it up and it said, 'I WANT TO KILL YOU,' in bright red blood. This was the same piece of paper that was in her dream. Samantha just fell back on her bed in disbelief'.