For My America | Teen Ink

For My America

By BrittneyLynn BRONZE, W. Richland, Washington
BrittneyLynn BRONZE, W. Richland, Washington

"One who saves another, has saved the entire world."

For My America
By Brittney Reents

For my people trying to juggle school, sports, work, and a family
and somehow finding a way to do it all, to never let down anyone or make a commitment that they can't keep, to get home and do homework when they'd really rather just sleep;

For my people who's parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles,
nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends serve over seas, risking their lives not knowing if they'll ever make it back, but doing it to protect our great country, to keep the people safe and united and free;

For my people who are dreamers; who want to do things and
achieve things and learn things, and work hard to do it, who dream of success, fame, riches, glory, and happiness, who never give up on their dreams.

For my people who believe in themselves; who don't care what
others think because they know who they are, who know that they can do anything, who only act like themselves and always show confidence in who they are;

For my people who's brothers or sisters are more important to
them than anything else in the world, who can't help but feel responsibility for them, and just want them to be successful in whatever they decide to do with their lives;

For my people standing their ground; not bending to peer pressure
to smoke, drink, lie, steal, do drugs, who know what's right and wrong and having the courage to stand up for
themselves and say no, who choose the better life;

For my people trying to make a difference; who lend a hand to
those in need, who raise money for the benefit of others, who can see the good in people when others can't, and who believe that they can change the world;

For my people who are athletes; who are constantly training and
working hard to be the best that they can be, the people that don't give up when others say they should, and who always give a hundred and ten percent because they want to do the best for their team;
For my people who are victims of rape, murder, abuse, domestic
violence and discrimination, who feel lost, hated, invisible, and worthless, who are just looking to find the happiness in their life again, let them find it;

Let all my people be strong; and embrace the changing world; let
freedom ring throughout the homes of people all over the world so that they may enjoy the great freedoms that we take for granted here in America; let us teach the world to love and accept each others differences as we do everyday; let us stand together and lead the world into a new way of life called peace; we are the future.

Thankyou Winnie :]

This is one of my favorite poems i've ever wrote.

Kate K. said...
WOW! Britt, you gave me goosebumps!! Kate Khawaja :)

nolak said...
This poem is excellant. I love it.

Winnie said...
This little girl is a great writer.

She really seems to understand what life is all about. Great job Brittney!

on Feb. 20 2009 at 3:00 am
This girl is a,great writer. Sh gets is. She understands responsibility like we all should.

Good job,Brittney!