Even in the Pines | Teen Ink

Even in the Pines

February 2, 2009
By Sarah-Katie Prielipp BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Sarah-Katie Prielipp BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My teacher told me to go home
and write a page tonight
and let that page come of you
then, it will be true.
I wonder if it's that simple?
I am fourteen, German, born in Ohio very early and very little, my hair was curly and i was fit as a fiddle.
I moved four times to here, go to school here, then Parker, then the white house up on the hill.
I walk down that long winding path, up to my room, sit down and write this page:
Brace face with a fake one. It was an accident. Charcoal fingertips,hair dyed once to many, eyes as dark as a penny.
Known as the clown of the group, but behind that is something unreal, unnatural, unbelivable, but me.
The shy, quite kid but no one knew. Nor will they ever.
Was born with a motto "The sun always shines even in the Pines"
Doesn't know right from wrong.
Two Christmas's every year. Nothing new since i could remeber, but that's not much.
Mostly happy as a lark like a fat man and his cake, until that day at the park, never mind that's another story.
One of nine always in the Pine never the city.
But please don't take pity it was fun while it lasted.
Was always Daddy'd little girl until three little Sperm cells. Which would grow into another branch of the tree.
Cute, little, annoying branches.
Well that's me. So just believe "The sun always shines even in the Pines."

The author's comments:
I wrote this poem for a class.
I ended up liking it. haha weird!